Nan's Site

blog4

I have used a variety of social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, etc. These social platforms can develop my hobbies and help my personal learning. Social media reinforces diversity to the extent that individuals are more connected and can share more in common by communicating on various platforms.

In my PLN, I am learning from various voices as social media presents an opportunity to interact with individuals from multiple backgrounds through finding commonalities and sharing experiences. Also, I engage others towards learning new modes of solving problems. I participate in a silo of information sharing through a wide range of interests as I am not only limited to a particular theme, but I engage in various discussions regarding education, cultures, sports, and life experiences.

A diverse PLN like social media can broaden my views on inclusion by allowing individuals from various backgrounds to communicate and share their knowledge hence giving me a glimpse into other individuals’ lives throughout the world. This promotes and celebrates both diversity and inclusion.

From my PLN, I came to understand the ways of life of different individuals, the challenges they incur, and I have also learned to appreciate individuals from all backgrounds.

After reviewing the videos and the readings, I understand that inclusion implies only those with special needs, as we all need each other and communities of various languages, cultures, knowledge, and experience (Moore 49). Also, from the interview with Shelly Moore, I learned that it is through the inclusion of giving back to society and develop strong relationships with others regarding where they come from or who they are playing a major role in our growth and development (Moore 4:07).

Works Cited

Moore, Shelley. EDCI 338 A01 Week 5 A Conversation with Shelley Moore. 8 Feb 2021, https://youtu.be/YGx0ejnMLVc. Accessed 22 Feb 2021.

Moore, Shelley. One without the other: Stories of unity through diversity and inclusion. Vol. 1. Portage & Main Press, 2017.